SmeL: Medical Genetics and Cytogenetics services
Genetic analysis of DNA represents an important resource to establish our state of health. In particular, the study of gene mutations may allow the presence of diseases, their significance and the sucettibility to any treatments.
It is essential then that all the genetic tests can be processed by using state-of-the-art technology and by following the highest standards of quality and safety.
In order to be efficient and competitive towards the new diagnostic needs arisen, BioRep presents to public and private institutions, laboratories services based on genetic and molecular tests.
Concerning this, BioRep obtained from ASL of Milan the authorization for medical genetics and cytogenetics services:
- DNA extracion from cell lines;
- DNA extraction from whole blood;
- DNA extraction from saliva;
- DNA extraction from little quantity of tissue;
- RNA extraction from cell lines;
- RNA extraction from whole blood;
- RNA extraction from tissue:
- DNA sequencing with Applied Biosystem 3500 Genetic Analyser;
- Mutations research on request (KRAS, BRCA1, BRCA);
- DNA-RNA quality control throught spettrofotometer and Nanodrop;
- DNA quality control on agarose gel;
- RNA quality control with Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer.
- High qualified staff;
- State-of-art technology;
- High efficiency and professionality;
- Reliability of all the services offered;
- Monitoring of all the performances:
- ISO 9001:2008 certification;
- SMeL authorization from ASL of Milan.